Administrative Operations Manager ▾
What Nectar is all about
Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bee health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers and growers closer together.
Using technology and data-driven insights, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations, while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
Why do we need an Operations Manager?
Nectar is growing fast, and we need to support this scaling. We believe a meticulous operations manager dedicated to supporting our management team with business development, accounting, fundraising and operations can help us increase our execution capacity and help Nectar get to the next level.
In concrete terms, what does it look like?
You will support the Nectar’s management with the day-to-day operations, as well as contribute to long-term funding strategy and building reporting tools to be shared with stakeholders. Important parts of the job will be to write grants, report to stakeholders and manage day-to-day operations such as payroll, bookkeeping, etc.
We are looking a meticoulus and rigorous person who has demonstrated success planning, managing, and executing a variety of projects within a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment and we promise it will bee amazing!
- Manage payroll, bills, and invoices;
- Write, submit and report to public funding programs;
- Managing stakeholders relationships;
- Build financial forecasts;
- Keep the company’s data rooms up-to-date;
- Coordinate outreach events;
- Organized person capable of setting up structures and methodologies;
- Autonomy, initiative and flexibility are essential;
- Extremely organized and methodical with impeccable attention to detail;
- Past startup experience
- Interest in sustainability, agriculture and/or beekeeping.
- Great writing capacities
- Mastering of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience with accounting software (ex: Quickbooks);
- Communication abilities both in French and English.
- Part-time: 25 hours per week
- Remuneration according to your experience