Lead Software Developer ▾
What Nectar is all about
Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bee health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers and growers closer together.
Using technology and data-driven insights, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations, while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
Why do we need a Lead Software Developer?
Our platform is the interface on which beekeepers and growers interact with our technology - it’s at the heart of our value proposition. Software development is therefore crucial to Nectar's success. This is why Nectar is looking to onboard a purpose-driven full-stack developer to lead our software team and bring our technology to the next level to make an impact on our ecosystem and food supply.
In concrete terms, what does it look like?
As Nectar’s lead of software, you’ll be a key decision maker. As we are a recently-funded startup still going through it's early days, there is still much to code and design, both regarding the technology and the business aspects. You’ll have the opportunity to overview our software technology stack choices and to build the team surrounding you, while having the resources to do so.
Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment and we promise it will bee amazing!
- Define the software requirements
- Design the architecture of the Nectar platform
- Implementation of API and applications
- Manage software development life cycle
- Manage the software team
- Actively participate in solving our customers’ problems.
- Collaborate with developers, researchers, designers and electrical engineers
Preferred technology expertise
- Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Versatile and creative
- Strong communication skills
- Mastering of iterative development processes
- 5 years of web development experience
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (HTTP, MQTT) and client-server architectures
- Experienced with embedded Linux programming
- Interest in firmware programming (C/C++)
- Interest in sustainability, food and agriculture
- Remuneration according to your experience