Product Designer ▾
What Nectar is all about
Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers and growers closer together.
Using technology and data-driven insights, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations, while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
Our product aims to help commercial beekeepers reduce their operating costs, improve their beehives’ productivity and survival rate by remotely monitoring the hives health, behavior and strength. Using artificial intelligence, we augment the beekeepers’ decision making capacities to apply the right care at the right time.
Why do we need an Product Designer?
Our web app is the interface on which beekeepers and growers interact with our technology - it’s at the heart of our value proposition. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of our customers, Nectar is convinced that an experience corresponding to the reality of beekeeping is essential to its success. That's why we're looking for a motivated product designer to design the Nectar web application and positively impact our ecosystem and food supply chain.
In concrete terms, what does it look like?
As a product designer at Nectar, you will be at the heart of strategic decisions. As we are a recently funded start-up and still in early-stage, much remains to be done, both in terms of technology and marketing aspects. Beyond the creation of intuitive visuals, you will be responsible for creating the best experience within our product in addition to ensuring the integration of these products in the vision of the company. You will have the opportunity to surpass yourself by designing the web application according to feedback from the sales team and customers in the field. In the future, product owner responsibilities may be added to the role to enable you to be the master of Nectar’s products.
In addition, as bees are our first customers, expect field trips. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment and we promise it will bee amazing!
- Establish the user journey of Nectar’s products
- Define the Nectar graphic charter
- Prototype, test and iterate on wireframes of Nectar products
- Prototype, test and iterate on the user interface of Nectar’s products
- Develop the content of the components of Nectar’s products
- Coordinate the implementation of the user interface with the developers
- Collaborate with scientists and hardware / product designers
- With the CEO and the Marketing Manager, plan the development of Nectar platform products according to business opportunities and priorities
- With the Marketing team, meet the beekeepers, identify product solutions, and define their components
- 3 years experience in UI / UX design
- Mastery of interface design and prototyping softwares (Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Having an entrepreneurial personality
- Versatility and creativity
- Spoken and written communication skills
- Good level in French and English
- Work experience as Product Owner (SCRUM methodology)
- Work experience in startup
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Remuneration according to your experience